Monday, May 17, 2010

Damn Volcano..

Never have I traveled so far for so long just to end up exactly where I started.
...Ohhh the adventures of traveling...

After leaving the Houston airport at 3:40pm, our plane traveled halfway across the Atlantic Ocean only to return to Houston, turning a 9 hour flight into a 13 hour one. After taking NyQuil and falling into a deep sleep, I was unpleasantly woken up by Jean and Bonnie "joking" with me about the plane turning around: we were only 3 hours away; why the heck would we turn around?? ..That question still remains unanswered. All we know is that Volcano Ejavnfjksdlvndjakvn [at least thats what it looks like] is not done exploding yet!

As I continued to believe they were messing with my head and began to watch When In Rome for the third time, the couple behind me called over the flight attendant to explain that we were, in fact, making a U-Turn.

All I could think once we arrived back in Houston was "Is this real life?" We were all SO excited and had a sense of closure after telling friends and family good-bye that I couldn't imagine having to 1) experience another dreadfully long flight and 2) go back to Texas.. Continental so graciously gave us each a room in the Sheraton Hotel until 1pm (we arrived at 7am) and sweet Dr. Rust booked the group another flight. Looks like we will be vacationing at Miss Kaitlin's humble abode on Lake Conroe until our flight leaves this Thursday.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Lesson Learned: God is ALWAYS in control!

This lesson also applies to the tragic loss of a good friend, Hunter Smith. I am truly saddened by the loss of this kind, caring individual that touched the lives of so many people. Of course, he is now in a better place but will be very missed by everyone still in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment