Sunday, May 16, 2010

This is the day

This summer, I will have the incredible opportunity to embark on a once in a lifetime journey to Maastricht where I will be studying at Universteit Maastricht.

I am:
anxious
nervous
excited
overwhelmed
optimistic
stressed
scared
blessed
and SO much more!


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I have started this blog to not only allow my family and friends to keep up with my many adventures, but also to record the places I go, things I see, and people I meet. Being a gypsy isn't an easy task and after spending 3 months in over 8 different countries, recording my thoughts on each visit and crazy experiences will help me to remember and re-live this life changing trip.

The 30 other students traveling to Maastricht will begin classes in two weeks. I will be taking 14 hours/4 classes: 2 from Baylor professors and 2 from native Dutch professors. While there is a 7 hour time difference (from Texas to Maastricht), I'd like to share my schedule so we can communicate and stay in touch -- because after the initial excitement, homesickness will obviously be in order...

[Texas Time] [Cape Time]
MON:
comm 6:30-8:30am 7:30-9:30am
history 12-2pm 1-3pm
TUES:
mgmt 1:30-3:30am 2:30-4:30am
history 12-2pm 1-3pm
WED:
comm 8:30-10:30am 9:30-11:30am
THURS:
mgmt 1:30-3:30am 2:30-4:30am

I will be available through SKYPE: erinelise8 OR facebook. {international calling fees are outrageous!} If you would like a postcard, send me your address!

Here we go-- I guess I'm really doing this.




Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with youwherever you go. John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment